Random Drawing Overview
The random drawings for the 2018 Big Sur Marathon have now concluded. Drawings for the April 28, 2019 event will begin on July 15, 2018. The Groups & Couples drawing will be first, followed by Loyalty, Locals, First-Timers, and the final Last Chance drawing. More information will be available mid-to-late June 2018.
2018 Drawing timeline:
Groups & Couples: 7/15 – 7/24
Loyalty: 7/29 – 8/7
Locals: 7/29 – 8/7
First-timers: 7/29 – 8/7
Last Chance: 8/19 – 8/25
Groups & Couples
Drawing for Groups & Couples
This drawing is for groups of 2-to-15 people who want to enter only if everyone in the group gets in.
Only the designated leader for the couple or group needs to enter the drawing under a pre-deterrmined group/couple name. The number of people in the group also needs to be entered.
1. This drawing is open for groups of from 2-15 individuals, each of whom want to run the 2018 Big Sur Marathon but only if everyone in the group is chosen.
2. Only a single, designated group leader enters the drawing on behalf of the group. There is no entry fee for the drawing.
3. The group leader creates and uses a unique group name, which serves as an identifier in the random selection process.
4. The group leader enters the full names and emails of everyone in the group.
5. The Groups & Couples drawing will be a stand-alone category with winners announced prior to the opening of the other drawings. If a group is not chosen, members do have the option of entering other drawings (Loyalty, Locals, First-Timers or Last Chance). There are no considerations for couples or groups in the individual drawings.
For those who have never finished the 26.2-mile Big Sur Marathon.
For those who have finished one or more 26.2-mile Big Sur Marathons. During registration, the entrant must indicate the number of official finishes and the year of the most recent Big Sur Marathon finish for verification purposes.
For both veteran and first-time marathoners whose primary residence is in Monterey County, CA (939XX zip code). Proof of residency may be required if selected.
For anyone not selected or who didn’t participate in earlier drawings. It is for individuals only with no considerations for groups or couples.