The Big Sur VIP is sold-out!
Big Sur VIP
Join the Big Sur VIP program for the ultimate marathon experience. This exclusive offer includes:
- Guaranteed Big Sur Marathon race entry
- Private transportation to the start on a motor coach with a bathroom
- Private heated tent at the start with refreshments and no-line porta johns
- Private finish-line tent with massage, morning cocktails, and a menu tailored to speed your recovery*
- Membership in a 16-week training plan designed by Budd Coates, who has coached literally thousands of elites, celebs, and everyday runners. You’ll receive weekly emails from Coach Budd leading up to the event with training, nutrition, and health tips for upcoming workouts
- Exclusive 2019 Big Sur VIP commemorative gear
- Pre-race pasta dinner-for marathoners this is the best meal in town*
- And, you’ll receive all the great stuff offered to all participants including a tech fabric participant shirt from Hoka One One, and a ceramic hand-painted finisher’s medallion.
*Additional finish tent and pasta party tickets for friends and family are available for purchase during registration or online at My Events.
Entry fee: $499
More information and event registration date will be available soon. Please check back for more details in early July!
The Portola Hotel & Spa is the preferred hotel for the Big Sur VIP. It is located next to the Health & Fitness Expo and adjacent to Fisherman’s Wharf. Buses to the start will leave from the Portola. Book your accommodations now!
It’s all right here! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California’s premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey’s most popular attractions. Portola Hotel & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond and only LEED® Certified hotel on the Central Coast of California and boasts 379 guest rooms, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery, and a variety of other amenities. As one of California’s premier family-friendly destinations, the Portola Hotel & Spa offers easy access to Monterey’s most popular attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly.