Random Drawing Overview
The Random Drawings for the April 26, 2020 Big Sur Marathon will take place between July 15 and August 20, 2019.
The drawing for Groups and Couples will be first, followed by Loyalty, Locals, First-Timers and Last Chance.
Groups & Couples
- Drawing open between 7/15 (Monday) and 7/23 (Tuesday)
- Winners announced 7/25 (Thursday)
- Marathon registration period is from 7/26 (Friday) through 8/12 (Monday)
This drawing is for groups of 2-to-15 people who want to enter only if everyone in the group gets in.
Only the designated leader for the couple or group needs to enter the drawing under a pre-determined group/couple name. The number of people in the group also needs to be entered and this number adhered to if the group is selected.
- This drawing is open for groups of from 2-15 individuals, each of whom want to run the Big Sur Marathon but only if everyone in the group is chosen.
- Only a single, designated group leader enters the drawing on behalf of the group. There is no entry fee for the drawing.
- The group leader creates and uses a unique group name, which serves as an identifier in the random selection process.
- The Groups & Couples drawing will be a stand-alone category with winners announced prior to the opening of the other drawings. If a group is not chosen, members do have the option of entering other drawings as eligible (Loyalty, Locals, First-Timers and/or Last Chance). There are no considerations for couples or groups in the individual drawings; keep this in mind before you enter another drawing.
- If your group is selected, the Group Leader needs to send the names and email addresses of those in the group along with the group name to the registrar. This needs to be done as SOON AS POSSIBLE as the registration window will only be open for 18 days.
- Drawing registration is open 7/26 (Friday) through 8/5 (Monday)
- Winners announced 8/6 (Tuesday)
- Marathon registration period is from 8/7 (Tuesday) through 8/20 (Tuesday)
For those who have finished one or more 26.2-mile Big Sur Marathons. During registration, the entrant must indicate the number of official finishes and the year of the most recent Big Sur Marathon finish for verification purposes.
- Drawing registration is open 7/29 (Monday) through 8/7 (Wednesday)
- Winners announced 8/8 (Thursday)
- Marathon registration period is from 8/9 (Friday) through 8/19 (Monday)
For both veteran and first-time marathoners whose primary residence is in Monterey County, CA (939XX zip code). Proof of residency may be required if selected.
- Drawing registration is open 7/31 (Wednesday) through 8/11 (Sunday)
- Winners announced 8/12 (Monday)
- Marathon registration period is from 8/13 (Tuesday) through 8/26 (Monday)
For those who have never finished the 26.2-mile Big Sur Marathon.
- Drawing registration is open 8/12 (Monday) through 8/20 (Tuesday)
- Winners announced 8/21 (Wednesday)
- Marathon registration period is from 8/22 (Thursday) through 9/1 (Sunday)
For anyone not selected or who didn’t participate in earlier drawings. It is for individuals only with no considerations for groups or couples.