The next Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge is scheduled for Sunday, April 24, 2022 if an event is viable based on the status of the pandemic.
2022 entry fee to be determined in the summer of 2021
- To qualify for the challenge, you must also be an official entrant in the April 2022 Boston Marathon. You can register for Boston either through your qualifying time, through one of their charity programs, or by invitation. B2B registration fees do not cover your Boston entry.
- Because the 2021 Boston Marathon was rescheduled from April to October, 2021, the Boston Athletic Association (BAA) has yet to announce their registration dates and plans for the April 18, 2022 Boston Marathon.
- We will announce when we will open registration for the April 2022 Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge once we see the BAA’s 2022 registration plans.
- NOTE: If you are registered for B2B and Boston, but do not start or finish at Boston, you are no longer eligible for the B2B Challenge medallion or finisher jacket.
B2B ENTRANTS RECEIVE:
- An entry into the 2022 Big Sur Marathon as a B2B Challenge runner. For complete Marathon information (course description, maps, transportation information, aid stations, etc.) click HERE
- A Boston 2 Big Sur finisher jacket in gender-specific sizing (will be distributed in the B2B finish hospitality tent along with the B2B medallion)
- A Boston 2 Big Sur training shirt in gender specific sizing. We will ship to you upon our receipt.
- A custom participant bib and unique B2B finisher’s medallion (you will also receive a BSIM finisher medallion)
- Access to a catered B2B hospitality finish tent in Big Sur’s Marathon Finish Village. You can purchase Guest Passes for friends and family to join you in the tent for $40 (ages 11 and older), $25 (ages 4-10) and FREE for children under age 4.
- The pride of being one of the few to undertake this challenge of completing two iconic marathons only six days apart in 2022 (based on planned race dates).
Complete race packets will be available at the Health & Fitness Expo in the Monterey Conference Center in downtown Monterey on April 22-23.
Awards will go to the top three men and women under age 40 and the top three Masters men and women, age 40 and over. Awards are based on combined Boston and Big Sur chip times.
The Awards Ceremony begins at 11:30 AM in the Finish Village.