Abbott World Marathon Majors
Wanda Age Group Rankings for Series XIII
In 2022, the Big Sur International Marathon will be partnering with the Abbott World Marathon Majors (AbbottWMM) Wanda Age Group World Ranking for Series XIII
ABOUT ABBOTT WORLD MARATHON MAJORS
The Abbott World Marathon Majors (AbbottWMM) is a series of six of the largest and most renowned marathons in the world – Tokyo Marathon, B.A.A. Boston Marathon, Virgin Money London Marathon, BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, Bank of America Chicago Marathon and TCS New York City Marathon.
Encompassing an annual series for elite runners and elite wheelchair athletes, AbbottWMM also applauds the achievements and passion of everyday champions from around the world. The new AbbottWMM Six Star System is an online results hub that celebrates every runner who has completed from one to six of the races in the series and encourages them to ‘Reach For The Stars’.
Due to so many event cancellations as a result of COVID-19, dates of all championship series are to be announced.
For more information, visit www.Abbottwmm.com
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world – in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
ABOUT WANDA SPORTS HOLDINGS
Wanda Sports Holdings is the world’s leading sports business entity. Founded to capture the opportunities in the global sports industry and to contribute to the prosperous international sports landscape – in three key areas: 1) Spectator Sports (media and marketing business), 2) Participation Sports (active lifestyle business), 3) Services (digital, production and service business). Wanda Sports Holding incorporates the international sports marketing company Infront Sports & Media, the iconic endurance brand IRONMAN®, and Wanda Sports China. The headquarters are in Guangzhou, China.
INFORMATION ON THE ABBOTTWMM WANDA AGE GROUP WORLD RANKINGS FOR SERIES XIII (dates to be determined)
- Qualifying period: dates to be determioned (AbbottWMM Series XIII).
- One-year cycle for participants to earn two qualifying times and a place at the AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Championships in 2022.
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathon will mark the start and finish of the qualification period for the second year of the AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Rankings. The World Championships will take place in 2021 with the venue to be announced next year.
- Participants in an AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Ranking qualifying race will earn points according to their age, time and gender, aligned with the following age groups for men and women: 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
- All official Big Sur Marathon 2022 finishers will receive Abbott World Marathon Majors points. They will need to “claim” them by registering on the AbbottWMM website. There is no cost.
- The spread of the selected marathon events that are part of the AbbottWMM Wanda Agre Group World Rankings creates a truly global series throughout the year, giving runners across the world the chance to be part of a new era of age group marathon running.
Full list of confirmed events for the 2021/2022 Series to be announced when available