You’re Invited to Join the Big Sur Marathon Family!
Applications are now being accepted for the Big Sur International Marathon’s Ambassador Program for the April 30, 2023 race! Our community of enthusiastic runners is always growing, and we want you to help us spread reliable information, promote health, and inspire individuals to reach their goals. Our 2023 Ambassadors will be an extension of the BSIM family, and we can’t wait to meet you
Who we’re looking for:
- Runners who are familiar with or excited about promoting the 2020 Big Sur Marathon
Individuals who identify with our nonprofit mission to “create beautiful running events that promote health and benefit our community”
- Individuals with strong demonstrable skills in one or more of the following areas: social media/blogging, content creation (video/photo), community outreach, group recruitment, involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
- Must be able to commit from December 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023
- Must be able to attend the 2020 Big Sur Marathon
What you’ll do:
- The primary job of an Ambassador is to help cultivate community around the Big Sur Marathon brand. As a sell-out race, we are seeking individuals to perpetuate a positive, inclusive, inspiring culture surrounding the race.
- Utilize your public social media presence to promote content about the Big Sur Marathon including, but not limited to, registration information, race weekend logistics, merchandise, travel, community, charitable giving, runner stories, facts and figures, sustainability, volunteers, sponsors and activations, etc.
- Distribute marketing collateral, attend training runs, group runs, etc., on behalf of the Big Sur Marathon
- Interact with other Ambassadors through an invite-only Facebook group
What you’ll get:
- Free entry into the 2023 Big Sur Marathon on April 30th (Note: If you are already registered for 2023, you can still apply to be an ambassador. If you are chosen as an ambassador and you have already paid and registered for the race, your entry fee will be refunded.)
- Access to the catered VIP tent at the finish line
- Invitation to the Friday night kick-off reception
- One ticket to the pre-race Pasta Dinner on Saturday evening
- BSIM swag mailed periodically during your term
- Sponsor gifts
- Social media exposure on BSIM channels
How we’ll evaluate you:
- Ambassadors will not receive a discount code for promotional purposes due to the sold out nature of the events. Instead, Ambassador performance will be evaluated based on visibility in their communities, both digital and physical, as well as quality of work and time committed.
- Please note that while we are looking for individuals with substantial social media presence, we are also looking to build a diverse group of Ambassadors with complementary skill sets such as: content creation (photography/videography), community outreach, promotional event planning, etc.
- Ambassador perks will be distributed to all selected ambassadors on a pre-determined schedule. Perks will not be distributed based on performance.
How to Apply: To apply, fill out the 2023 Big Sur Marathon Ambassador Application by October 31st. Ambassadors will be selected and notified on November 18th.